In the early hours of the morning on the 15th of April 1912 the RMS Titanic was on its maiden voyage from Southampton England to New York City.
But 4 days into her journey the giant ocean liner collided with an iceberg around 11:40pm and sank 2 hours and 40 minutes later, taking a suspected 1500 or more souls with her to the bottom of the North Atlantic Ocean.
OR SO WE'VE BEEN LEAD TO BELIEVE...
- Was an iceberg actually responsible for the ships demise?
- Did the Titanic's operator, White Star Line, have anything to do with the disaster?
- Was the sinking of the Titanic actually orchestrated as an elaborate assassination plot to take out rival banking families?
- Has Hollywood played a part in the deception to control how history is portrayed to the masses?
- Was it actually the Titanic that sank?
- Was there enough room on the floating door to save both Rose and Jack? (Just Kidding)
To tackle these questions we've enlisted the expertise of researcher and author John Hamer.